Nuffnang Ads

Thursday 13 September 2012

A Bit Personal

I am not sure if any of you have read my About page but I thought I would do a post on something a little out of my comfort zone- talking about myself!  I thought it would be important for my readers to know a little more about me and how I tick (scary!!!).

I am what I believe to be a normal person, I from a normal family, a normal suburb and live a normal life.  But to me I live a fabulous life and come from a fabulous family!  I am 30 next year, I am really ok with that, no seriously I am, I haven't really been affected by age or numbers so I am actually looking forward to hitting 30!  I am a mother of 2 beautiful and perfect (to me) children- Miss P who is 4 and Master X who is 21 months, they are my world I just cannot express how much I adore these two children!  I am a wife to a man who is everything and more I dreamed of marrying, he supports me in absolutely everything (no matter how bizarre it is), he respects me and showers me in love on a daily basis.  I am a daughter and sister to a wonderful family, my parents who are just amazing, actually thats an understatement, I am the youngest of 4 children- I have 2 brothers and a sister. All of the above are so important in who I am and what I live for.

My all
Now about me as a person today.  I am shy upon first meeting- probably hard to believe for some of my close friends!  This can come across to some as me being a snob but I assure you I am not I am very down to earth.  I dislike being the centre of attention therefore I am normally early to most events to avoid that late entrance! I am a creature of habit, a very routined person and I like to keep things the same.  In saying that I can be spontaneous, as long as its me being spontaneous and every now and then I'll just go with the day and be fine with it!  My husband is very easy going, go with the flow type of guy so we work well together- I routine him where need and he makes me relax in areas that don't need to be as routined as I think!  I have always been quality over quantity, I would rather have a small number of friends rather than hundreds of people who act as my friend.  I have always been like this and more so now that I have a family- you get to see who your real friends are after you have kids and your focus is on them, your real friends understand this and adjust others just dwindle away.  My husband and I met on the internet- yep thats right RSVP!!!  I was sick of meeting drunk guys or guys who didn't want a relationship so I tried out RSVP and after a few dates with guys I was almost about to remove my profile when I found my husbands profile- I was attracted to his looks at first (shallow I know but hey you have to be some what physically attracted to make things work right?) so I emailed him and he responded, we then met and the rest is history!  Turns out we would have crossed paths at 16 and many times after and he knew my best friend (at the time) very well. Such a small world!!!  The man of my dreams found with the help of the internet!  We have been together for 6.5 years and married for 5 years, when someone asks me what it is about Shane I love I always say "I can't tell you one thing I just know I genuinely love him" and this has been proven as we have had our tough times with finances, health, etc but we both take our vows "till death do us part" very seriously so we will never give up and I think that has made us so much stronger and now after 5 years of marriage I feel we are so strong!

When we were just 3


My work background is in childcare, I started in a small centre then ventured down the coast for awhile to live and work.  Then I came back home and started work in a centre that was unlike any other- I also met two of my dearest friends in this centre!  These two friends taught me so much about work, life and so much more!  Life long friends created at this centre.  I have always loved working with children and always wanted to be a mum.  Before we were married Shane and I spoke about kids and that I would be a stay at home mum.  I always thought it would fit me like a glove and it has- I am not perfect but I can honestly say it just fits me this role!  I am currently studying my Bachelor of Education, I have been doing it for so long now, I keep stopping and starting so hopefully I will finish soon!  I am also now doing some study in the graphic design field, this really interests me and I am loving it.  We have our own business which I also do the bookwork and admin side of things.  So all of this keeps me busy then I added a blog to it!  This blog has helped me in more ways than one, I love to write I have always been a writer, and now having place I can share my writing with others is great.


So there you go a little about myself and my family.  I can't wait to share more of my journey with you all.


1 comment: